Calculating Generator SizeGet a Quote
Calculating the size of your generator can be difficult. Amps, voltage, KW and KVA are all common power terms. Typically generators are measured in KVA, motors in KW and other loads such as welders in amps and volts. So as a simple rule of thumb, these formulas should help.
Available Calculating Generator Size Models and Sizes
Calculate Your Generator Size
- KW Single Phase = Volts x Amps
- KVA Single Phase = KW x PF or(=Volts x Amps x PF)
- KW Three Phase = Volts x Amps x 1.73
- KVA Three Phase = KW x PF or (=Volts x Amps x 1.73 x PF)
- Amps Single Phase = KW/Volts
- Amps Single Phase = KVA/PF/Volts
- Amps Three Phase = KW/Volts/1.73
- Amps Three Phase = KVA/PF/Volts/1.73
- PF = the power factor – check the appliance or motor being powered.